My relationship with you is both professional and personal. My dedication to you is complete and honest and my goal is to fulfill all your expectations
Dr. Demetris Stavrou was born in Nicosia. He grew up in a family of doctors and soon understood the special relationship between doctor and patient. He graduated from the University of Athens Medical School and finished his residency in Plastic Surgery at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center at Tel-Hashomer, Israel. There he was trained in the latest techniques of cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery from world known scientists. He continued his training with a fellowship in “Advanced Aesthetic Surgery” at the prestigious Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery.
His interest in breast reconstruction after breast cancer and cosmetic procedures following weight loss surgery was evident from the start. He also had the chance to train in specialized techniques for facelift, burn reconstruction and skin cancer surgery.
Dr. Stavrou is constantly updated with the most modern techniques in plastic surgery and is in cooperation with big medical centers abroad where he is still working as a visiting surgeon. He has a constant interest in research and has published a number of scientific articles.
Since 2012 he hold the position of Assistant Professor at the St George’s, University of London / Medical School at the University of Nicosia. He is also an Honorary Tutor at the University of Cardiff, School of Medicine at the UK and a member of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS) and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
Dr. Stavrou has been working as a plastic surgeon in Cyprus since 2012.
Diplomas – Qualifications
- Assistant Professor, Academic Lead for Anatomy, St George’s, University of London / Medical School at the University of Nicosia
- Honorary Tutor at the University of Cardiff, School of Medicine, UK
- MSc with Distinction in “ Wound Healing and Tissue Repair”, University of Cardiff, School of Medicine, U.K
- Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS)
- International Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) Instructor
- Fellowship in “Advanced Aesthetic Surgery” from the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery – Monash University, Australia
- Examination of the Life Expectancy of Patients with Burns over 20% of Their Total Body Surface Area in Comparison to the Rest of the Population.J Burn Care Res. 2017 Mar 28.
- Characteristics of Improvised Explosive Device Trauma Casualties in the Gaza Strip and Other Combat Regions: The Israeli Experience.Wounds. 2015 Aug;27(8):209-14
- Adhesive skin closure technique for closure of fasciotomy wounds in pediatric patients: a case series.Wounds. 2015 May;27(5):118-222
- Correction of small volume breast asymmetry using deep parenchymal resection and identical silicone implants: an early experience.Aesthet Surg J. 2015 May;35(4):394-401
- The arterial blood supply of the helical rim and the earlobe-based advancement flap (ELBAF): a new strategy for reconstructions of helical rim defects.J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015 Jan;68(1):56-62
- Validation of the Hebrew version of the Burn Specific Health Scale-Brief questionnaire.Burns. 2015 Feb;41(1):188-95
- Abdominoplasty revision with autologous tissue expansion.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2014 Apr;38(2):483. doi: 10.1007/s00266-014-0289-3. Epub 2014 Mar 8
- Health Related Quality of Life in burn patients – A review of the literature.Burns. 2014 Jan 13
- The effect of acellular dermal matrix on drain secretions after immediate prosthetic breast reconstruction.J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2013 Sep;47(4):308-12.
- Birth wind and fire: raising awareness to operating room fires during delivery.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013 Sep;26(13):1303-5.
- Radiotherapy-induced basal cell carcinomas of the scalp: are they genetically different?Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012 Dec;36(6):1387-92.
- Are there predicting factors for burn patients that transfer to a rehabilitation center upon completion of acute care?Burns. 2012 Nov;38(7):992-7.
- A new simple, safe, and easy solution for upper lip dermabrasion.J Drugs Dermatol. 2012 May 1;11(5):649-52.
- Examining National Burn Care Policies-Is the Israeli Burn Care Alignment Based on National Data?J Burn Care Res. 2012 Mar 5
- Evading a Surgical Pitfall: Mastopexy–Augmentation Made Simple.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2011 May 11
- Is prophylactic acyclovir treatment warranted for prevention of herpes simplex virus infections in facial burns? A review of the literature.J Burn Care Res. 2011 May-Jun;32(3):358-62
- Managing the relationship between quality and cost-effective burn care.Burns. 2011 May;37(3):367-76. Epub 2010 Dec 4. Review
- Silicone-based scar therapy: a review of the literature.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2010 Oct;34(5):646-51. Epub 2010 Mar 31. Review
- Silicone nipple shields: an innovative postoperative dressing technique after nipple reconstruction.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2010 Feb;34(1):48-51. Epub 2009 Oct 20
- From traction and contraction to wound closure.J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2009 Jul-Aug;36(4):365-6
- Quality of life after breast cancer surgery with or without reconstruction.Eplasty. 2009 Jun 2;9:e18
- Patient and observer scar assessment scale: how good is it?J Wound Care. 2009 Apr;18(4):171-6. Review
- Neovascularisation in wound healing.J Wound Care. 2008 Jul;17(7):298-300, 302. Review