Dr. Demetris Stavrou, a well established plastic surgeon, trained in Israel, takes this opportunity to bring patients up to date with the following interesting facts concerning cosmetic surgery.
- About 70% of patients are women.
- The majority of these women are between 35-55 years old.
- In general, these women are hard working professionals.
- Dr. Stavrou operates on teenagers on rare ciscumstances only. He prefers his patients to be above 18 years of age. At this age they are more confident with who they are and what they wish to change about themselves.
- Women over 35 usually desire non-surgical procedures like:
– Laser hair removal,
– Leg vein procedures.
Should surgery need to be performed, as in the following five top procedures, Dr. Stavrou is able to employ new surgical techniques that he mastered during his aesthetic plastic surgery fellowship in Melbourne, Australia. The five most popular surgical procedures are:
– Brow and eyelid surgery
Dr. Stavrou states that the majority of older women, who have insecurities about their appearances, are usually related to getting ahead in their professional lives. Unfortunately, ageism, for women in particular, is still rampant in most areas of the work place. These women generally want a small or mid-sized C bra cup (Cypriot women are mostly at least a full cup size smaller, than those in the United States).
Younger women, under 30 years old, usually want to change:
– their breasts;
– their curvaceous areas due to hereditary fat depositions.
However, in the long run, breast enhancement still is the most popular procedure of all. Since the year 2000, breast implants have increased by 36% and most of these are silicone implants.